Wednesday, May 06, 2015

May has arrived

Been a busy bee and I like it.  I tend to come up with ideas all of the time, but of course I am always in the middle of a project when these ideas come to me which means I always have more then one project going on at any given time. Examples to follow because I've been taking pictures!  
I always see these fabulous granny square blankets on Pinterest and always want to do them, but of course they take time and planning and whatnot...but what if I did a scrap one?  Oh goodness the possibilities are endless but I really wanted random and simple.  I decided that I would make little one round squares in leftover bits of yarn I have.  Only requirement is that it's acrylic yarn and worsted weight so there is consistency in all squares.  I haven't much planned the size quite yet, but I have a good start on little squares.  They will actually be 2 rounds, random colors and a third round in mustard yellow.  I am looking forward to the finished product.
little squares
The 3 stranded baby blanket is coming along.  Works up pretty quickly and it's so squishy!  So easy to do.

a sea of stitches
This here is my random ball of yarn, did I post this before when it was much smaller?  Maybe back when I started it in March...no matter, its grown!  I hope that I will be able to come up with some creative to use this on when it's bigger.
random yarn ball
So as I said in the last post I made a flower garland to hang above the fireplace.  Here are pictures of the flowers and one of the overall look.  I just switched between the red and turquoise and put them on a chain of white.  Took a few tries to get them all even, but got it done.  

red

turquiose

strung up
Here is a photo of the beast hook in action!  3 strands and that hook!  
working away
Went on a road trip North for the gender reveal of my newest grandchild and this was one of my travelling companions 
smiley faced Max
Was a quick trip but Max got some snuggley time in with Brooke. 
Max and Brooke
So the gender reveal had everyone guessing and was a fun time at the park.  The cake was filled with the color to let everyone know and the box had balloons to match as well.
Patryce & Brandon getting ready
Patryce opened the box and Brandon didn't cut the cake, but grabbed the corner of it....he was very excited :)
Yay!  It's a Boy!
Boy blankets it is!  I also have a Nephew who is having a boy in July that has requested a blanket too.  Time to get home and get going on these blankets!
Decided while fueling the car I best get some snacks for myself because 400 miles without something to snack on is a shame.  I know this because I did it on the way up, only had a horribly crunchy granola bar and water.  The trip back I wanted to be prepared!

road trip snacks
So back home and finished up the 3 stranded blanket, really need to figure out my photography skills better for these blanket shoots, can't seem to get a decent shot off anymore.

trying to get a good photo
Now Brandon LOVES legos, always has and is super excited to have his child play with legos...of course this will be much further down the road then he thinks but he's still pretty excited about this!  I have a lego backpack pinned on my yarn board over on Pinterest that I would like to make for Disneyland, I thought this might be a great idea for a blanket too.  Hmmm, well the actually brick is easy enough to whip up, so I did 3 and outlined them in black so I could test them out and get a feel for them.  Turns out I like them, Katlyn likes them and Brandon is going to love this idea!  I did the measurements and the math and figured out I need 42 squares of each of the 4 colors I'm going to use.  Red, blue, green and yellow, basic colors all outlined in black and then I will put them together.  Yep a crazy hot mess of ends to weave in and yikes I'm feeling it already!
3 lego bricks ready for measurements
I came home with new succulents as well and did a fair amount of playing in my plants over this past weekend.  Got them cleaned up and watered and made a new planter out of some new ones.  Overall everyone looks good, I've had one plant that I got from Lowe's 3 weeks ago not do well at all, I don't know what happened but it just started dying, I pulled it apart and got the only bit left of it repotted, hopefully I am able the save it.  Also 1 I got from Home Depot in Windsor, Stein decided it looked like a tasty treat and I came home to bits of it all over the floor, stupid cat!  I hoping that it will survive as well.

updated indoor garden 

newest planter with the 2 struggling
I decided that my finished blankets need a bit of ribbon, but don't have any ribbon wide enough.  I do have a spool of white tulle that is 6 inches wide...scissors at the ready and tada!  Made a lovely wrapped up blanket.

all done and ready to gift
Since Saturday was all about plants, I made Sunday about crochet. So after running errands I settled on the couch with my coffee and yarn to work on things, I chose legos, that is until Katlyn got home from work and asked for some hair flowers for her coworkers. 

into my weekend!

a few hair flowers
Monday night I grabbed my basket with my Water Lily blanket bits and while watching wrestling got blue added to some flowers.  One day this will be a blanket...one day!

a lovely sight
There we are, a proper update for the week and it's still early in the month!

Listening to:  Lonely Is The Night by Billy Squier

No comments: