Monday, December 01, 2014

Thanksgiving time.

Now comes the present rush.  Things I of course should have been getting done instead of reading, but alas did not quite happen.  Today is the 26th of November.  Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I will be making pies today.  The boss is letting us go early today so yay!  Now on with the show!
A friend's daughter requested a floppy bunny ear hat, done in soft, fluffy yarn.  The yarn is crazy bulky, Bernat Baby Blanket.  Makes doing a hat very interesting being as it's so bulky and you cannot just whip it up without thinking!  I frogged it twice and did a lot of winging it just so it looked proper and that's just the beanie it self, I still need to add ears!
Waiting for ears
Less thinking and math is required on Brandon's very colorful scarf.  I just grab colors and go!

I love how colorful this is!
So next up in my mess of unfinished projects is a Minnie Mouse hat for my sister-in-law.  Has the base beanie done for quite awhile, but left without ears and a red bow.  I am not a fan of working with black yarn, so hard to see what I need to do. Made some nice round ears and started the bow.
near completion 
Katlyn wears bobby pins to keep her bangs from her face while she's working and asked if I could make her some flowers.  I whipped up a few to get her started.  She is going to have a drawer full of flowers soon!
3 flowers
Minnie Hat pieces done and completed, pet hair is included even!  
I like it!
Worked up the floppy bunny ears and got them attached.
so floppy!
Finally finished projects!  Whew.  Got an idea and went digging through my yarns to find a fuzzy black yarn to make a Soot Sprite.  These guys appear in Studio Ghibli films and are quite adorable.  Hooked up a small ball, added a little stuffing and hot glued googly eyes on it.  

Soot Sprite
I tend to find random things that catch my attention and amuse the heck out of me, so I of course have to make them!  

What's this...a turkey leg maybe?
Well actually, 2 turkey legs!  I made a Thanksgiving hat for Katlyn, she's thinks I'm weird (she said she'd wear it though!)
really hard to get a proper picture!
Now I've been coloring my hair for a very, very long time.  I am tired of doing so.  I do it myself and it has just become more hassle then I care to deal with.  So at 52 years of age, I have decided it's time to go gray, which judging from my roots will take no time at all (ok the growing out is obviously going to take time)   I made this decision on November 20th and took a picture.  I was planning to color my hair on the Saturday (the 22nd) and came up with the whole...growing it out thing.  Let's see how long I can last.  Katlyn thinks I'll look old, but said if I don't like it I can always go back to dying and I haven't told anyone else about it, but I'm going to go along and see how it turns out.  I am going to take a photo once a month to mark the growth, should be interesting.
decision made 11/20/14 
eek!!  a new adventure!
I get color combo ideas in my head and need to make them happen, what better way to do that then a beanie!  One birthday beanie coming up!

colors to delight me
Turkey hat done, Birthday beanie done
attempt to photograph
birthday beanie, not complete here
Alysha requested a head band with a bow in black.  Ok, I can do that.  Photographing it though is an entirely different story!  Black on black does not photograph well at all.   
assembly needed
Done but not really easy to tell. 
so hard to photograph black on black
I took it off  the styrofoam head and laid it out open in the sunshine and this is about the best I'm going to get. 

more defined
Katlyn laughs at me and my colorful calendars.  This one is at my desk and I have a planner that is more detailed but still very colorful.
November
Saw a few different crocheted bracelets on pinterest so I grabbed some of my cotton bonbons and whipped one up.  I like the rainbow of colors and added white buttons to represent clouds.
rainbow bracelet
Brooke requested a white hat with a pink bow, but both Katlyn and Alysha said she wouldn't wear it, so instead I made a headband with a bow in her requested colors.  
easier to photograph
So I think that's an update for now, though I have more done and more pictures!

waiting to become pie!
I actually finished typing this on December 1st so I hope it posts properly!


Listening to: Yogscast Charity Livestream

No comments: