Thursday, May 23, 2013

photograph

Well now since making my cuff on Sunday and loving it on Monday I decided to try another bracelet for Tuesday.  I found went on a stash hunt and found Debbie Bliss Angora Cotton that just begged to be a bracelet.  Made a very long chain, attached a button and created a loop closure...ta-da!  Instant love!  Took me about 10 minutes in total and I am so very happy. 
wrap #1
Well being as I was so happy with my wrap I felt the need for another to match my Wednesday outfit!  Went through my cotton stash and did a blue one.  I'm sure you can see how this is going to go right....new wrap or cuff for every day of the week!  Happy me!

Love the variations of blue with the silver button
It's a very good thing I have a large button collection.  I do really like the silver/metal buttons and I think my stash of those is going to be depleted quite rapidly at this rate!  My Sister wants a blue wrap as well, so last night I whipped one out for her, while reading a not so good story.  Why do I insist on finishing a story that is not very good.  Well not very fair I suppose, the story itself wasn't bad but the writing was killing me.  Honestly when the author starts using the same words over and over I tend to get annoyed and on top of that when the words "my lover" keep popping up, I get quite squeamish.  Maybe it's just me, but I really don't like the term lover, kind of creeps me out and ALWAYS make me think of an Saturday Night Live skit with Will Ferrell and Rachel Dratch where that is what they call each other constantly and while the skit makes me laugh, it does NOTHING for me in a romance novel.  Well gives me the heebeegeebees!  So I have a hard time enjoying the story.  Oh well, I digress, this is about crocheting which I did do!


Working on a new wrap for the Sister
I of course needed a new wrap to go with today's outfit.  Red of course!  Even though the picture looks orange, it is actually a very lovely shade of red.

yep Thursday's wrap
I think I will make a new cuff tonight once I get Friday's outfit lined up!  I really like the wraps though so we shall see!  Yep I'm a weirdo!  Tomorrow is Friday and we have a 3 day weekend.  Excellent, completely broke so no yarn or button but excellent to have the time off and get things done.  Katlyn needs a haircut and we are going to color her hair as well.  I do believe we are going to the movies as well on Sunday to see the new Star Trek, yay...so can't wait to see Benedict as the villian!  Even better is that I have a gift card for the movie theater so it doesn't cost anything!

Listening to:  Swing by Trace Adkins

No comments: