Monday, April 30, 2007

Hola Peeps!

Hey all...what's new? Nothing too exciting on this end. Had two boys go to Prom over the weekend so that was a bit of a challenge! I decided to make the necessary corsages to save a bit of money (actually quite a bit) but not a bit of my sanity! I have never made a corsage but figured "how hard can it be??" Well long story short, it's not all that hard just a bit of a challenge to hide the parts that you don't want to be seen. Here are the pictures of the 2 wrist corsages and 1 boutonniere:

and a close up of the pink one.

Everyone was happy and after much running around trying to get pictures of both of them and their dates all was successful! Here are pictures of both of them with their dates!


And on top of all this...Andrew (on the top) is a Senior but his girlfriend is only a Junior and Christopher is still a Junior, so that means I will be doing this all over again with the two of them next year!
Good news is that I can probably make money making corsages and boutonnieres next year!

Okay on to crochet related news...nothing much to report. I'm still working on the amigurami pig for Denise. I stuffed the head and the body and tried something new by putting lavender in the middle of the stuffing so that it has a lovely scent to it as well!

I will leave you with a picture of the first blanket I ever made! It's not perfect, the ends of each row are either a bit short or way too long but I still have it have it after 27 years or so.

That's it for now!

Listening to: Vogue by Madonna

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ronnie, glad to see you back online. I know what you mean about the prom. My son Jordan's prom is in three weeks and I hae a headache already. Greatg pictures and yes you could make a fortune making flowers. take care, send me an email when you get a chance.

sharon