Thursday, December 28, 2006

Back from the holiday!!!

Holy moly Batman...That pretty much sums it up!

I took a giant container of yarn with me to work on a scarf for my teenage niece and some miscellaneous yarn to work on other projects as I would be hanging out chatting most of the time. Well as it turns out, one can never have enough yarn! Andrew decided he wanted a hat with ear flaps and dangley balls in black and lime green. I had the lime green, yet no black. So Saturday I hunt down Joann's and buy some black to make his hat in time for Christmas. Never made a hat with ear flaps though...hmmm, how's that going to turn out? Well I winged it and this is the final result:


Worn by a very happy recipient! My teenage nephew saw it and wanted his own, sans the balls though! I made his black and navy but forgot to take a picture! He loved it though.

I got the scarf done as well and above mentioned niece loved it! I also got many more requests for hats and scarves and a small tote bag with a pig on it! The potholders were a huge hit as well, so all in all I was quite pleased with how well received my handmade items were! I better get a move on for Valentines!

Here's the details of the scarf, Homespun in Blue Ridge, Patons SWS in Natural Earth, Patons Twister in Sandalwood Twist & Allure in Navy.

I got great gifts as well. My Brothers girlfriend got me the 2007 Crochet Pattern-a-Day Calendar, Vogue Knitting Crocheted Scarves Two, not your mama's crochet and a $10 gift card to Joann's. I also got a cordless drill, a set of drill bits, lots of bath products, and a bunch of other stuff, not crochet related either.
Glad to be home, now I have to work on my 2006 completed projects list and my 2007 project to do list! That plus find something to drill!
Happy Thursday!
Listening to: Are You Gonna Go My Way by Lenny Kravitz
174.5

No comments: