Monday, April 03, 2006

Click Click Boom

The title has nothing whatsoever to do with the post but since my last 2 post titles were song titles I just figured I'd go with it!

Uneventful weekend. Rained all day & night on Friday so track meet cancelled on Saturday. Daughter disappointed, especially since from about 8:30 am on it was nice and sunny! Unfortunately we have a dirt track so it was no good for use after all of the rain.

I got this much done on my daughter's tote:
this is done with her Easter Egg yarn that she helped me dye. I can't wait to see how it felts, it should be interesting with the striping! I dyed another hank of yarn yesterday using kool aid but I tried a different method. I laid the yarn on plastic wrap and used a spoon the "paint" the colors on and then wrapped it in the wrap and popped it in the microwave!

I used 3 colors (blue, olive green & pink) but ended up with about 6 or so different colors from the running together and the application process. This yarn is truly one of a kind! I'm thinking of making a hat with it. I love how it turned out, I added the color willy nilly so there is really no sort of pattern but I think it came out great! I was a little scared putting it in the microwave because the liquid ran together so I though for sure it would just be some yucky mess coming out but I was pleasantly surprised! Ok I'll stop tootin' my own horn!

I made and felted a flower for my tote and I am going to go to Joann's on the way home today and get a pretty button WITH a shank ( I have a million buttons and not one has a shank!!) so I can attach it nicely to the tote, and use it plus I want to get a spoolknitter.

Listening to: Broken by Seether & Amy Lee
193.8

No comments: