Monday, March 20, 2006

It's Monday & Felted

Ok I finished my little tote out of my kool aid yarn. I love the way it felted. Nice and tight.
Both sides before felting.
and after.
it shrunk 3" on width & 2" in height. I used Paton's Classic Wool. I can't wait for it to be dry.

I got no wool dying done this weekend and actually no yarn buying at all. Went to Joann's today and they had Red Heart Super Saver on sale for $1.88 so I snatched up the 3 skeins they had in Pumpkin for Andrew's blanket. I'll look at the other one closer to my house tomorrow for some more. I figured out that I should need 7 total to complete the blanket.

Going home now.

Listening to: Fantasy Girl by .38 Special
194.1

2 comments:

elaine.triquetra said...

I love the tote! Wow, what a difference between the before and after. I keep meaning to felt a purse, but till now I didn't know how much shrinkage there would be and I want to buy those bamboo handles that Maggies Crochet is selling. They are 12"@ so how wide do you think I should crochet bag?

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I love the felting! I haven't tried doing it myself but I think I'd like to try! Really like the type of bag and the colors!